Thursday 16 February 2012

Currently residing in the “Where shall we file them?”file.

I recall sitting with George while he had a rather involved conversation with a chap that I have never met before. This went on for at least fifteen minutes, and then the guy left. “Who was that?” I enquired. “No idea” replied Big G.

Tam once injured his thumb with a sharp thing, and Ian from Anaconda stood in during the healing process. Somehow the word got out that he had cut it off for a bet. This was the talk of the town, and we didn’t even have Twitter in them days!

I once had to distract no less than four females while George exited a gig. They all thought they were “the one” that evening, and none was aware of the others.

A similar problem occurred when BGB won a Battle of The Bands, there were rumours of “professional jealousy” amongst the other competitors. George made a discreet exit, but this led to mutterings about “prima donna behaviour”. There was no pleasing some people.

Having delayed the start of the second set one evening, George strolled back in to the venue. When quizzed on his whereabouts, he informed me that he had “been for a kebab”. Top that Axl Rose!

Some classic gig openers…and closers. Please excuse me if I have mentioned before.

“Good evening and welcome to Leith Dinner School”- Edinburgh Venue

“I’ve thrown up in better places than this” –Somewhere in Lahhndon

“If you’re driving home, make sure you’ve got a car”

“I’ll be sober next time unless I’m not”

No comments:

Post a Comment